[LMB] FW: Betan Technological Superiority.

Damien Raphael phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:12:38 -0800

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 05:31:29PM -0600, Andrew Lambdin-Abraham wrote:
> On Monday, February 11, 2002, at 05:02 PM, Mandos D Shadowspawn Esq

> > This recalls something that has bugged me for some time. What is
> > the likelyhood of any one location having the edge in technology
> > for over 500 years?
>
> Well, it depends on what you're looking for.  But I'd say the US has

And how you define "location".  Western countries have had a tech lead
for the last 500 years.  Japan got a piece of the action; Japan also
spent a lot of effort becoming Western.  19th century China had trouble
admitting inferiority even while being shot at.

And then there's that description of Earth: "...as technologically
advanced as Beta Colony..."

-xx- Damien X-)