[LMB] Rabid Foaming Weasels OT:

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:53:54 -0500

Elizabeth McCoy wrote:

> At 3:37 PM -0600 2/7/02, Padget, Scott R wrote:
>
> >I really can't envision [Marna] saying anything like "If you really loved me,
> >you'd just *know*", or "If you can't figure it out *I'm* sure not going to
> >tell you", or (etc.).

Well, I HAVE been known to say 'Well, if YOU really loved ME, you wouldn't pull
that passive aggressive cr*p on me..."

And, like Elizabeth, I'm not entirely above saying "If you STILL can't figure it
out, I see no point in telling you AGAIN."

See, here's the thing. I don't mind making large efforts to communicate well and
clearly with literalists. That isn't the problem. The problem is, while they may
not understand non verbal communication, they continue to broadcast it. Very
loudly.  And they have no actual idea what they are saying, most of the time.

Makes me crazy, if I live in close quarters with it. I mean, I need the skill, I
can't afford to artificially numb it or teach myself not to pay attention to
that kind of signal.

Marna.
--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.