[LMB] Naming conventions

Laura Gallagher kelts at earthlink.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:50:19 -0800

(And, btw...why is it that
> sometimes the characters refer to Aral and Cordelia as Count
> Aral and Countess Cordelia?  And sometimes she's even Lady
> Cordelia.  Argh.  Help!  My brain, my brain!)

Well, I suspect she's sometimes Lady Cordelia because the speaker knew
her for years before she became a Countess, and got into the habit.  I
noticed at one point in _ACC_, Kareen, speaking to her parents, even
refers to Miles as Lord Miles, rather than Lord Vorkosigan - "You
wouldn't expect a little thing like money to stop, say, Lord Miles?"
(hope I got that approximately right)

Laura G.