[LMB] You know you read too much Bujold when...

Adam K. Reuter aherring at netcarrier.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:00:26 -0500

I can see what you're talking about with the Naismith Award.  However, I
was indoctrinated at an early age (no, there were no shock sticks
involved).  Therefore, unless there is an admiral in front of it,
Naismith will always first have me thinking of Dr. James, the inventor
of the game and only KU Men's BB coach with a losing record.  Of course,
I do find it interesting that the MVP for the 'Hawks is not a candidate
for the Naismith award.
RCJHKU!

Natalie Getzoff wrote:

>Quoted from sportsillustrated.cnn.com:
>
>Finalists named for Naismith Award

>>COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) -- Three Big 12 players -- Nick Collison and
>>Drew Gooden of Kansas and Missouri's Kareem Rush -- are
>>among 20 finalists for college basketball's player of the year
>>honor, the Naismith Award.

<snip>