[LMB] Perverse Sex Toys OT:

Kiri Aradia Morgan tiamat at tsoft.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:23:22 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Eric Oppen wrote:

> > Kiri Aradia Morgan <tiamat at tsoft.com> writes:
> > >
> > > I only understand the appeal of public sex as a fantasy.  The reality, I
> > > found tremendously off-putting.  Either they're trying too hard to
> > > convince everyone (including themselves) that it's all good healthy
> clean
> > > fun (which is not what I'd go to an orgy for), and there are way too
> many
> > > blazing lights on bodies that shouldn't be lit that way (like mine,
> > > thanks), or there are too many creepazoids.  I may be forced to restart
> > > the Hell-Fire Club (which historically probably had creepazoids galore,
> > > lol) if I ever decide I will not be satisfied without going to orgies.
> >
> > There are several different "public sex cultures".
> >
> > The parties decended from or inspired by the QoH parties are good, as
> > are a fair number of con parties. The "traditional swingers" ones...
> > *shudder*.
>
> How are the traditional swingers' parties bad?  Do you object to the
> procedure, the people, or what?

You need to be more careful with your attributions.  Mark Atwood was the
one who posted about traditional swingers' parties.

Never having been to one... I wouldn't know.  I've heard a lot of stories,
but since they were all from people who disapprove of swinging, I can't
say I completely credit them.  The thing that squicks me about some kinds
of swinging is the partner-swapping and the idea that it has to be done in
couples.  I can imagine too many things that could and would go wrong with
that.  And no one who is as picky as me could ever go to a "key party" and
take pot luck, as it were.

Kiri
Kiri Aradia Morgan                                  93!  Thou Art God
tiamat at tsoft.com

"If time passes, everything turns into beauty
If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away
Everything starts wearing fresh colors
Every sound begins playing a heartfelt melody
Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic
Desire is embraced in a dream..."              -- X-JAPAN