[LMB] Evil Filk Idea...has it been done already?

cynthia1960 at attbi.com cynthia1960 at attbi.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:22:49 +0000

I've been in the midst of a Cetaganda/Komarr/ACC
rereading session and the current thread about the
Koudelka Girls young adult book titles isn't helping me
any (keep up the good work there, some of these are
beautifully *evil*), but now I'm wondering if some mad
filker out there with actual skill in adapting lyrics
hasn't come out with some sort of filk about Miles' love
life (also could be Ivan's love life) set to the tune
of "California Girls" by the Beach Boys.

"Wish they all could be Barrayaran girls" at least
scans, and certainly describes Miles' situation after he
breaks up with Elli, and I suppose a verse or two could
describe Ivan's adventures in Eta Cetan society.

Mark and others who are more up on filksongs, is
anything like this out there, and if not, why not?

Cynthia
(who spends time at Consonance as one of the designated
appreciators but has been known to sing along with the
choruses)