[LMB] Thoughts on Miles and Ekaterin's wedding

Phyllis LeFevre plefevre at hotmail.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:20:53 -0500

>From: Casey Allison

> Oh, my. That's rather harsh. I don't see it at all that way, at least
in current (my adulthood, that is) times.<

But it's true. A woman's second + marriages are not 'generally' looked
upon favorably.

However, when it comes to:

> a second baby shower. Repeated full-out baby showers are seen as
something Just Not Done, either; it's vaguely tacky. Baby's not damaged
goods, she/he is just #2 in the birth order, as is Couple #2 in the
wedding order. <

Things change when it comes to pro-creation. A woman *could* have two
full blown baby showers.....if say, child #1 is male and child #2 is
female OR vice-versa  ;-)

Phyllis
who was lucky to have daughters