[LMB] Thoughts on Miles and Ekaterin's wedding
Mark A Mandel
mam at theworld.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:50:55 -0500
On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Damien R. Sullivan wrote:
#I've wondered what the other five are, and whether Aral isn't mostly
#frantically blowing smoke.
Miles uses the same number in tVG -- well, he *thinks* it; he
deliberately is not going to tell Cavilo about any uncertainty.
# There's the Salic bar thing, but what else
#can there be, and how complex can the Vorbarra tree be?
Over how many generations?
1. Aral is the heir.
2. Salic bar so not Aral but somebody else.
3. The marriage to Francoise Vorpicard 320 years ago was not real
because her first husband was still alive, according to these records.
4. Similar in a different era.
5. So-and-so was not the Emperor's son; the Empress was cheating on him.
6. So-and-so else was not legitimately Emperor, but a usurper. Ezar (and
thus Gregor) inherit rightfully through this *other* line, but the
current descendant of the true Emperor of that time is Gregor's default
heir (heir presumptive?).
Who else wants to play?
-- Mark A. Mandel