[LMB] OT: RANT Further thoughts on fantasy

Beatrice McKeown mckeownb at optusnet.com.au
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:57:29 +1000

Phyllis asks
"What about Australia Mandos?  Do you know if their tv is about the same?

I'm planning a trip there in a few months.......(I may not want to come
back here *eg*)"

Please, don't get me started on Australian TV. It is horrendous. I think it
is set to appeal
to the lowest common denominator. Mind you, we did have one programme that
was on
that was so bad that the owner of the TV Station phoned up and told them in
mid broadcast to
take it off the air.

Any Science Fiction is normally relegated to the late hours, is never shown
in order, and taken off
and put on again months later as a whim.