[LMB] Now OT: Thoughts on Miles and Ekaterin's wedding

Casey Allison cameramom00 at yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:42:20 -0800 (PST)

--- Phyllis LeFevre <plefevre at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Whyever not? Seems silly to spend $4500 on a dress
you'll wear once. <<

> Because it Just Isn't Done. It's a one time thing. <

   Actually, one of the most touching things I ever
saw was a couple renewing their wedding vows at their
20th anniversary, and the bride wore her original
dress! (To much "envious" teasing at the reception;
few of us could've done the same thing, fit-wise.)

   There's also the passing down of the wedding dress
to a daughter, which can be emotionally very sweet and
sentimental. I've also seen dresses lent to friends,
sisters and other relatives. And sometimes, ads in the
paper, selling them (that's rather sad, though).

   Bridesmaid's dresses are *often* sold, particularly
around prom time. I caught a hilarious segment of some
television show about a contest to choose the *worst*
bridesmaid's dresses ever perpetrated--there were some
real horrors!

> Phyllis, who has never owned a $4500.00 anything :-)

   Me neither... unless I could *drive* it! <G>

~ Casey