[LMB] Re: OT: Fandom Studies, AQ test

Laura Gallagher kelts at earthlink.net
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:55:57 -0800

> Is the Temple Grandin mentioned in this article the person with
autism
> who redesigned slaughterhouses, and was interviewed a while (2-3
yrs.)
> ago in the New York Times magazine?

I believe it is.  I read an essay of hers on what it is like to be
autistic on the web a while back.  I found it very illuminating for
dealing with Brendan.  She also designed a squeezing machine to calm
cows, and then one to calm autistic kids - or was it just that she
redesigned the cow machine to work for the autistic kids?  I forget.
I know my son is often calmed by serious tight squeezing and will ask
for it.

Laura G.