[LMB] Re: Another DI ARC on eBay!

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham andrew at firehead.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:11:53 -0600

On Friday, February 15, 2002, at 12:58 AM, House of Unruly Fish wrote:

> Actually, the method Robert is using is LIKE a bot.  He has bid a
> maximum
> lump sum.  Now eBay's programs know that.  If someone was to bid $92, it
> would counter by upping Robert's bid to $93, and so on, up to the max of
> his bid.

Ok, I didn't read that much into his post.  I assumed his limit was
personal, not something he'd submitted.

I do pretty much understand everything about how eBay works though,
since I deal with online computer gear sales fairly often.  Though those
are completely different, doing as much as possible to avoid being like
eBay.

Andrew