[LMB] Fandom Studies, AQ test OT:

PAT MATHEWS mathews55 at msn.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:46:57 -0700

>From: Kiri Aradia Morgan <tiamat at tsoft.com>
>
>I suppose my score would have been higher if I had thought of all the
>social situations as being "socialization with work/family type people."

I generally do. Not to mention the Corporate Wife scene! (Low-level,
luckily). It's Very Bad Manners among them to discuss ANYTHING anyone might
possibly be interested in!

>I love to go to parties and conventions and things like that.  But I
>realized as I was taking the test that I actually loathe work-related
>parties and anything that requires me to socialize with people I don't
>think would be willing to listen to me go on about the stuff I care about,
>or who will go on and on about stuff that I find deadly boring, like
>sitcoms and sports and baby stories.

Amen. Cons and pagan festivals I like. Being among "normal: people, even the
nicest of my kinfolk, for any length of time, is a strain. And even at cons,
I have to back off and hole up with a book, alone, to recharge my batteries.

>I probably should have scored higher than I did; when I said I liked
>social situations, I was thinking about the kinds of social situations
>where I'm liable to meet people like you guys.

I really had almost no friends until getting in the scenes mentioned above.
IN High School, the Invisible Girl.