[LMB] Archive threading

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:08:38 -0000

> From: Peter H. Granzeau <pgranzeau at cox.net>
> Subject: Re: [LMB] Archive threading
> Date: 15 February 2002 22:15
>
> At 14:54 02/15/2002 -0500, Betsy Hosler wrote:
> >Did anyone ever figure out how to change replys to a digest so the
archives
> >get it as a reply to an individual thread? I remember some discussion of
> >that, but don't remember seeing a solution.
>
> I used to do it for a digest by highlighting the message to which I
[...]

The key phase is "archives get it as a reply to an individual thread".
Agent can potentially generate the "references" header but the digest
hasn't got the message id needed so it would become the start of a new
thread.

The download of the month to date (less the postings date in the future,
like Feb 2003) does have this info, but Agent may not be able to handle it
without preprocessing.

Little Egret