[LMB] Re: OT: Comment markers (was Best One-Liners)

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:28:05 -0800

Geoffrey Waigh wrote:
> I'll note that almost all commercial software licenses (at least in
> Canada/US,) make no warranties beyond maybe that the media the software
> arrives on will store data.  Not even the program you thought you were
> licensing.  If the distribution media is defective they will generously
> replace it with other media that will store data.

ObSF: the demon Crowley, in GOOD OMENS by Neil Gaiman and Terry
Pratchett, who is _so_ impressed by the warranties on the computer
he buys that he sends a copy down Below to the guys who draw up the
immortal soul agreements (as in "I, the undersigned, trade my immortal
soul to Satan in exchange for X") with a note attached saying just
"Learn, guys."

ObBujold: I wonder what computer warranties on Jackson's Whole look like.

Tony Z
--
"The King with half the East at heel is marched from lands of morning;
 His fighters drink the rivers up, their shafts benight the air,