[LMB] OT: names as cruelty, was Significant Authors

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:02:18 -0500

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham wrote:

> My professor of Classics[1] did a paper on how Kerberos (or Cerebus) the
> three headed dog that guards Hades is named Spot.

I have colleagues who need to see that. Can you get me a copy?

I can probably trade one of Dr Kilmer's more interesting papers on Greek Erotic
Pottery.

(there are certain perils to being known for the sex-ed thing. Dr Kilmer once
sent me haring around to all of my gay male friends with photos of a certain
piece of terracotta because he wanted opinions on whether they were comitting
sodomy or merely frottage.)

Marna.

--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.