[LMB] OT: names as cruelty

Eric Oppen oppen at cnsinternet.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:01:07 -0600

> I'm just glad I actually turned out to be a Marna. I can't imagine what it
would
> be like being stuck with this name and not actually having it fit.
>
> Marna.
> --

I told my mom once, "You know, Mom---it's a real good thing you named me
'Eric.'"

She looked at me and sipped her drink---we were at a lakeside place we went
to, sitting out on the end of a dock.  "Why is that, then?" she asked.

"Because---that's what everybody calls me!"  I answered.  Two seconds later,
she'd poured her can of pop over my head and pushed me into the lake to swim
to shore.

But it was *WORTH* it!  Hahahaha!