[LMB] OT: Comment markers (was Best One-Liners)

Shalom Septimus druggist at pobox.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:35:41 -0500

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 17:04:14 -0500, Margali wrote:

>I have My Sharona [My Computer], Diogenes is the icon I use for
>my ISP dialup, I have renamed explorer 'exploder'

Yeah, me too.

>the 'my
>sharona' and 'exploder' i have done to my work computer - which
>annoys the ITs when they come to work on my 'puter.

Well. If they're MCSE's who take it seriously, I can see that. Most of
the IT types I know of would be amused.

Classic tech support call (from their newsgroup, A.T-S.R.):
"OK, click on `My Computer'...."
"How can I click on your computer, I can't even see it."

Yeah, someone really said that, or something like it. Whoever named
those icons really wasn't thinking about the consequences. They should
have named it "Directory Tree" or something like that.

BTW: I'm running what's called "Windows 98 Lite" here. Take an
installation of Win98 first edition, delete Internyet Exploder and the
HTML engine, and replace the new Win98 Explorer with the faster one that
shipped with 95OSR2. Result is more stable, faster, and has the added
benefit of thumbing the nose at B.G., who stated in sworn testimony that
98 would not run without IE. See http://98lite.net/.
--
Shalom