[LMB] Significant Authors OT:

Shalom Septimus druggist at pobox.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:19:23 -0500

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:19:29 -0700, you wrote:

>>>Shel Silverstein>>
> Can't have a library without The Giving Tree.

I don't know, that one's too depressing for my taste.

"Where The Sidewalk Ends", now *that*'s a necessity. There was another
one, before "Falling Up", what was that... <google google> "A Light In
The Attic". I heard some of those before I read them; you haven't lived
until you've heard Uncle Shelby reciting his own poetry.

Oh, and don't forget his stuff for grown-ups. "The Smoke-Off" was a
hoot. Unfortunately _Songs And Stories_ is long out of print; thank G_d
for Napster and its successors.
--
Shalom