[LMB] OT: List traffic explosion

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:31:04 -0000

> [LMB] OT: List traffic explosion
> Michael Bauminger mikebomb at myrealbox.com
> Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:19:51 -0500

On Sunday, February 17, 2002 9:34 AM, "Michael R N Dolbear"
m.dolbear at lineone.net wrote, in regards to MS Outlook and multiple
users:

> I didn't realise this depended on using a local mail
> server. What happens if you do set up multiple
> accounts which differ only in the 'From:'?

> They go out from different addresses but come into the same Inbox. You
> are then dependent upon remembering to check which account you are
> sending from on the way out and upon filtering to ensure that you do
> not commingle the mail from different accounts as it comes in. Not
> good enough for me when it comes to business and personal e-mail - I
> need to ensure they remain completely separate.

There is a small risk, but

(a) the Rules Wizard has "when receiving through the specified account" so
you can reliably split into completely disjunct sets of folders.

(b) the default account for sending a reply or a forward is the 'received'
account.

Another possibility -  can you Export from OE to O (or Import into O from
OE) so you can print from Outlook ?

--
Little Egret