[LMB] OT: taxes vs wages

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:10:31 -0500

suegar wrote:

> So I have an opposite question - i'm applying for a position up in Vancouver
> BC. As an American - what are the chances for getting it?

Under a Free Trade visa? Not too bad at all.

(Quebecois)

>  And yes most of them spoke with an accent, from the sexy to the almost incomprehensible.

Oh, yeah. The nigh incomprehensible is NE Quebec joual, I suspect, or else
Acadian.

I live surrounded by the Outouais accent (West Quebec).

I like it very well indeed except for being driven crazy by 'these
informations."  I know perfectly well why French speakers do it, but
nonetheless, it is the one error that drives me mad.

Of course, Quebec and the French Maritimes area have also become the number one
spot on the globe for Francophone immigrants and refugees to settle. This is
slowly changing the accent and vocabulary; it's fascinating.

Marna.

--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.