[LMB] Bujold moments in life

Torberg Tonnessen ttonnessen at si.rr.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:54:47 -0500

Lyn and I ran into a few Bujold moments recently.

One was as we were driving along and noticed the office of a Dr. Mehta.
Alas (fortunately?) this doctor is a dentist, not a
therapist/psychiatrist/psychologist/shrink/whatever.

The other was at the pet store.  We went to get some litter and a toy for
Lyn's cat.  At one point, we were looking at the bird cages.  Why not, we
were there, might as well look around.  In a cage of finches, we saw two
birds sitting very calmly.  They were a beautiful, rich brown with black
heads and silver beaks.  "Hey Lyn, take a look at those two finches there."
Lyn looked over and agreed, "Vorkosigan-liveried finches."  We even think
they looked like armsmen on duty as they perched there, staying very still
and observant, as if they were on guard duty to protect the other finches.
Perhaps Dr. Borgos branched out from insects.

Tor

--
Torberg Tonnessen
imdallah at mindspring.com