[LMB] Re: Eurobryants

Christine L. Forber christine at forber.net
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:42:57 -0500

At 08:43 AM 2/19/2002 -0600, Jane Hotchkiss wrote:
>Part of my problem with this book is that my  (reading) French is -too-
>good & I can't figure out which rhyme is being skewered!

Read it out loud and try to listen in English! Takes a bit of practice, and
we've found that the better someone is at French speaking & thinking, the
harder they find it. My French is pretty lousy, but I took it for several
years in school, so can pronounce stuff adequately. I have little problem
with the rhymes!

If you aren't sure of one, send me the title, off-list, and I'll tell you
what it is skewering. By the way, it does help to know your English nursery
rhymes well, even the more obscure ones!

Christine