[LMB] OT: Re: Terms for Cohabitation (was Re: parental leave)

Kiri Aradia Morgan tiamat at tsoft.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:03:08 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Mark A Mandel wrote:

> 	[me, Mark M]
> #> One use I've heard around here is "secondary". X & Y, who are living
> #> together, are each other's primary, and Z (who is living with her
> #> boyfriend/fiance W) is their secondary.
>
> 	[Kiri]
> #That's very common, but a lot of people (like me) find it objectionable.
> #
> (Shrug.) All of them use the term and seem to be happy with it. Who am I
> to complain?

Marna asked for terminology.  You said that a lot of people use this type
of terminology.  I wanted to point out that there are those who don't care
for it, and that using it offends some people; I know I'm not the only one
who feels this way.

Kiri  ^_^

Kiri Aradia Morgan                                  93!  Thou Art God
tiamat at tsoft.com

"If time passes, everything turns into beauty
If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away
Everything starts wearing fresh colors
Every sound begins playing a heartfelt melody
Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic
Desire is embraced in a dream..."              -- X-JAPAN