[LMB] Re: [DI 10 SPOILERS]

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes at charrel.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 02:09:27 -0800

Louann Miller wrote:

> Oh, I get it. The Cetas around Rho Ceta are wigging out because the 1000
> replicators were stolen from them. Given a small enough haut community on
> Rho, that might well be the entire haut baby consignment for the planet for
> the year.
>
> So how'd ba do it, WHY did ba do it, where does AquaBoy fit in and what
> happened to Solian?

I was betting on it being the whole yearly shipment of haut-babies, with
the Ba being either the villain who highjacked the shipment for reasons
unknown, or the hero trying to save it from a secessioning Rho Ceta
governor/Ghem takeover/protectorate uprising.

But then I thought, hypothesis #1 is a rehash of EoA and hypothesis #2
is a rehash of Cetaganda. And Lois is usually not that obvious.

I liked the idea of Solian finding out the truth (whatever it is) and
trying a Naismith.
No real idea where Aquaboy fits, except maybe as a Rho Cetan following
the baby shipment.

And the idea that Miles's genes might be included in every single one of
these babies... Considering his excitement about the two babies being
cooked up at home, and the fact that he suggested starting 12 of them at
the same time, this would be... Ak! The mind boggles!!!