[LMB] Taxes vs wages

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:39:07 -0500

Bart Kemper wrote:
>  > From: Stephen Nelson <snelson134 at charter.net>
>  > There, we agree. Corporate welfare is just as bad as any other
>  > sort. It isn't the government's place to donate my money to
>  > anyone.
>  > Marna Nightingale wrote:
>  >> Nortel (for example) seems to have some very decided ideas as
>  >> to what they might find to do with MY tax dollars.  This does
>  >>  not disturb me in principle, it disturbes me in practice.

> Can't get behind such a broad statement.

What Bart Said. I think we disagree, Stephen, but we are both working from
consistent positions:  If A then B. You're in favour of Not A not B. I'm in
favour of A and B.

I'm not offended by the fact that BNR has gotten a LOT of tax money over the
years; they also wired our North. Their existence has done many good things for
Canada and certainly for Ottawa.  But it's the devils' deal: the position I find
understandable and consistent from Jeff or Mark, "it's my money and no business
of yours" -- I do not find acceptable from Nortel.  What Nortel does with its
money is decidedly my business.

(I'm not especially picking on Nortel. It's the example that comes to mind, is
all.)

Marna.
--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.