[LMB] OT: Accents

Bart Kemper bkemper at bigdogz.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:34:08 -0600

 > Marna said:
 >
 >> Oh, yeah. The nigh incomprehensible is NE Quebec joual, I
 >> suspect, or else Acadian.
 >

 > Has the Acadian changed much since the group that became Cajuns
 > left? That accent I'm pretty used to hearing from living down
 > there for years.
 >
 > Laura G.

Years ago I was up in Canada, drinking with some RMC cadets, and I
heard someone talking a *lot* like someone from home.  I asked where
  he was from, he was Acadian, I told him I'm from Acadiana, we
declared each other to be long-lost cousins, wallowed in the
thickest accents we could manufacture, and had a grand ole time.
There is some differences, but we quickly tuned into each other's
and had fun annoying the rest of 'em.

The last part I'm sure y'all have a hard time believing.

bart