[LMB] OT: Yankee

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham andrew at firehead.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:03:02 -0600

On Wednesday, February 20, 2002, at 05:16 PM, Bart Kemper wrote:
<snip>
> If it from a Texan or redneck or some such, I will call *them* a Yankee
> since for a cajun...
<snip>

Never fear, I would never call a Cajun 'Yankee' while inbred,
swamp-dwelling, etc remained in my vocabulary.  :-D[1]

The assistant band director at my HS was Cajun and every Holiday concert
would read "Twa da night fo' Chrismas", a cajun poem.[2]  Was quite
funny, but he's starting to lose his accent.

Andrew

[1] I am joking, I even have a Cajun friend.
[2] Best line "An thar wa a skiff, towed by eight alligata'.  On
Boudreaux! On ..."