[LMB] OT: Pizza

Bart Kemper bkemper at bigdogz.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:57:05 -0600

 > Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: Pizza Reply-To:
 > lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk At 21:49 02/20/2002 -0600, Emily
 >  Dachowitz wrote:
 >
 >>> Well, if all you ever had was restaurant chain pizza, I'm
 >>> sure it would be heaven.  Been there, tried it on more than
 >>>  one occaision....it's good, a bit over rated, NYC pizza
 >>> still kicks itsmidwestern butt.
 >

 >> NY pizza is the best. every pizzeria is a law unto itself.
 >

 > Everyone seems to like pizza the way it was when he/she first
 > ate it.   I  was teenaged before I ever saw a pizza, and I am
 > sure that everyone else  would have hated it.  It was thin, had
 >  NO big doughy crust at all--edible  from edge to edge--and was
 >  cut in squares, not pie slices.

Not true.  I didn't move to NYC until I was 12. I had a long history
of eating pizza in the US and Europe prior to that.  More
significantly....I brought my wife to NYC when she was 25.  Upon
eating her first slice NYC pizza she, too, became an acolyte in the
Church of NYC Pizza.  While you are allowed to partake of other,
obviously inferior pizza, it is only when there is lack of the
properly prepared sustenance, as a test of your faith, & penance for
moving out of the Food Capitol of the US.  Hell, outside of Portland
its the only non-historicaly cajun flavored place (which ranges from
Biloxi to Houston) I've found to have good gumbo or etoufee.  Living
with New Yawkers isn't the drawback...its the rest of the NE region
(minus direct access to snow skiing) that's the drawback. <grin>

bart
the frequently displaced and sometimes misplaced