[LMB] Another "kosher" question OT:

Damien R. Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:37:56 -0800

> So-called "Natural" peanut butters have nothing in them but peanuts, and
> sometimes peanut oil. Unfortunately they don't taste anything like the
> commercial ones, having no salt, sugar, etc., but you can always add

A lot of them will have salt.  And by now I find sugar-added PB kind of
disgusting.

A different concern is that they also tend not to have emulsifiers, so
the oil is separated when you buy it and you have to mix it in and the
whole thing tends not to spread as well.

> >Gh*d forbid I ever need neutritional drinks like Ensure or SlimFast
> >(I have problems with low blood sugar because I don't eat enough
> >calories, and I was looking to try some of these to give me a boost
> >on my calorie intake that wasn't junk). I've not been able to find

Are you on a really restrictive diet?  I'm just marvelling at not
getting enough calories.

There's always soymilk plus sugar or condensed milk and a multivitamin.

-xx- Damien X-)