[LMB] Reviewer's Copies of Books

Susan Profit tinne at eskimo.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:52:04 -0800 (PST)

I know that some of the other author interviewers for the WTBBL ERRS
will sell books of the authors they have interviewed, but that seems
dishonest to me. You get the review copy in order to interview the
author. After the interview, you get to keep the book, and the library
buys large print and audio versions for the library patrons. There
just seems to me to be something wrong with selling the book copy
later.

(This is also coming form the woman whose preview copy of Chalion was
STOLEN from the library after another interviewer took it to her to
autograph. I replaced the book because I wanted to have it to read
later, and I genuinely enjoy Chalion as much as the Nexus books.)

Susan in Seattle