[LMB] Another "kosher" question OT:

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:55:27 -0500

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Damien R. Sullivan wrote:

#A lot of them will have salt.  And by now I find sugar-added PB kind of
#disgusting.
#
#A different concern is that they also tend not to have emulsifiers, so
#the oil is separated when you buy it and you have to mix it in and the
#whole thing tends not to spread as well.

The first time I open the jar I spend 2-3 energetic minutes stirring it
up with a heavyweight dull-edged knife: cutting and pulling canyons to
let the oil run down, reaching down to the bottom to pull the "paste" up
to the top, and stirring to mix it all-- all rather carefully, esp. at
the beginning, to keep the oil from spilling out onto the counter. Then
I store it in the fridge, as the label says to do, which tends to
prevent it from separating again, but I still give it a "vertical stir"
or two each time I use it. I can't stand the sweetened brands any more.
But I don't like the totally unsalted ones either. Hmm... what brand AM
I using? (go to fridge)

Teddie (super chunky, my favorite) Old Fashioned Peanut Butter. Stir
well before using. Oil separation is natural.  Non-homogenized. No
preservatives. Ingredients: roasted peanuts, salt.

-- Mark M.