[LMB] Re: Gypsies( and Jews)

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:30:46 -0500

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

#> From: "Damien R. Sullivan" <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu>
#> Do Jews _now_ hate the Germans?

I don't. But my father, who served in WW2, wouldn't buy anything made in
Germany. My stepmother has similar feelings though less strong.

When my wife and I visited a number of countries in Europe in 1973,
Germany was not on the list. As our train from Copenhagen to Vienna
stopped briefly in some city in Germany I hopped off to buy something
from a vendor on the platform and stretch my legs, but my wife refused
to set foot on German soil. To me, it's not something worth arguing with
her about.

-- Mark M.