[LMB] Re:a book suggestion OT:

Tom Vinson Tom_Vinson at mpsisys.com
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:19:27 -0600

Natalie Getzoff recommended _The Pirate's Daughter_, by Robert Girardi.
I'm 3/4 through it at the moment and enjoying it very much.

<nitpick>
But I must add that the author has either set his story in a non-Euclidean
universe or is very fuzzy about the relationship of latitude to longitude.
Being 2 1/2 degrees east of the 40th parallel doesn't make much sense to me.
Since a large part of the book concerns sailing across the Atlantic this
sort of got on my nerves after a while.
</nitpick>

Still quite worthwhile.  The heroine (well, female protagonist) is one of
those people that I enjoy reading about, but who I hope will remain safely
between book covers.  ObBujold: she reminds me a bit of Cavillo.

Tom