[LMB] Re: Googled

David Klecha dklecha at i2k.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:19:04 -0500

On 2/23/02 8:00 PM, "Margaret I Carr" <micarr1 at juno.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:46:21 -0500 (EST) Dave Klecha <dklecha at i2k.com>
> writes:
>> Heh.
>>
>> I managed a sad, disappointing 16 hits.  Two of them aren't me,
>> three of
>> them from the list.
>>

> Try google again with quotation marks around your name. Then when you get
> to the message about omitting similar hits chose to search again
> including the omitted ones.

Oh, no, tried that.  Still, 16 hits and that's between "David" and "Dave"
...  What was funny, though, was switching from Google to Alta Vista to
Lycos and seeing what each one caught and missed.  Lycos grabbed info from
SFF about me that Google missed, but Alta Vista snagged one of my friend's
pages but all of them missed my girlfriend's page, etc.

Kinda silly.  Perversely glad I'm not more out there than I am, I think. :)

Dave (the Obscure)
http://www.daveman.org