[LMB] OT: Googled

Bo Johansson bo at dendarii.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:33:29 +0100

On Feb 24, 2002 "Bart Kemper" <bkemper at bigdogz.com> wrote:

> Based on some comments about worrying about traffic showing
> up on a Google search, I tried it on me.  Wow.  ...
> It's an interesting exercise.

Is this what is called ego-surfing?

Anyway, I tried it on my name, and I got 93,600 hits.
The most "popular" Bo Johanssons seem to be a football[1]
coach, an author, and a girl's choir leader, and there
are politicians, scientists, teachers, civil servants,
union officials, business people, etc.

But some of the hits were for my pages, and to my surprise
I found several copies of my 3D tic-tac-toe game and my
sunrise/sunset/twilight calculator out on the web.

Notice that the text version of the new list archives are
listed by Google, for example "marna nightingale bujold"
gave two hits in the list archives.

// Bo Johansson

[1] Real football, also called soccer.