[LMB] DC MiniLoisCon brief report

Nicholas Rosen ndrosen at erols.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:47:28 -0500

We came, we saw, we shopped.

We met at Kramer Books at Dupont Circle in DC.  We
stood around, trying to converse against the noise, and
getting in the way of other people until space became
available in the cafe upstairs.  Scott Hofmann was there,
and Natalie Getzoff, and Natalie's mother Ruth, and Ase,
and Cat, and Elizabeth/Nora Bombay, and some others.
We ate, we passed around Chalion Errant, and we signed
it.  I wrote at the beginning of Chapter Four, "I've been a
tutor, but it was never like this.  WLW  Nicholas Rosen."

We broke up in due course, and one group departed for
Beadazzled next door, to look at beads and stuff.  I
stayed and read and in due course bought a book.  I
may have seemed more Aspergerish than I really am, but
it's hard to talk with people over the din, and I was
surrounded by temptations.  Hyperlexics of the world,
unite!  It would be nice to hold a quieter gathering some
time.  Still, it was good to see people.

Regards,
Nicholas Rosen