[LMB] OT: Googled

Royce Day Royce_Day at choicehotels.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:19:03 -0500

Casey Allison wrote:

> --- Bart Kemper <bkemper at bigdogz.com> wrote:
>
> > Based on some comments about worrying about traffic
> showing up on a Google search, I tried it on me. Wow.
> Granted, only first five or six pages of results had
> *me* in it... <
>
>    I tried the same thing, to highly amusing results
> (seems a quite accomplished lady named *Allison Casey*
> just graduated from college....), but up to about 8
> pages deep, I didn't show up. There were a total of
> 17,000+ hits (!!!) but the vast majority were that the
> names showed up separately, e.g. CASEY Smith and John
> ALLISON.

I sympathize.  The first few hits on my name came up with reviews I've
posted on rpg.net and the novellas I have for sale at Green Dragon
Press.  After that it degenerated into sites featuring photos from a
"Rolls-Royce day" at a car show. :-P
--
-Royce in MD

Obviously it was his clear Impsec duty to foil the girl and save the
villian.
 -_Cetaganda_, by Lois McMaster Bujold