[LMB] OT: Genetics now unspoilered

Kiri Aradia Morgan tiamat at tsoft.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:41:14 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Eric Oppen wrote:

> > >From: "Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan" <tks1 at acpub.duke.edu>
> > >
> > >XXY Klinefelter syndrome -- 1 in 1000 male births, mentally retarded and
> > >sterile
> >
> > My Klinefelter friend is not mentally retarded, unless you count a taste
> for
> > Desert Peach comix as such. Of course, she never went into law practice
> > after transitioning, but I know a lot of very bright people
> > who never made it in the workplace and are true to themselves.
> >
> Since Donna (Desert Peach) Barr and I are e-mail buddies and I'm a big fan
> of her works, I wouldn't call a taste for them a sign of mental retardation.
> Now, wanting to snog Kjars Winzig (a character in the books that seems to
> fascinate a lot of her fans) I would call a sign of seriously bad taste, but
> that's just me.

Jeez Eric didja have to post that right before my lunch? GACK!!!!

Kiri

Kiri Aradia Morgan                                  93!  Thou Art God
tiamat at tsoft.com

"If time passes, everything turns into beauty
If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away
Everything starts wearing fresh colors
Every sound begins playing a heartfelt melody
Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic
Desire is embraced in a dream..."              -- X-JAPAN