[LMB] Skippy List OT: - The Military Reaction

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:09:48 -0500

David Klecha wrote:

> On 2/26/02 11:20 AM, "Marna Nightingale" <marna at redmaplegrove.org> wrote:

> > I make it a point not to be overly hard to please or amuse. IME, people try
> > more often to please and amuse me that way.  "Behaviour that is rewarded tends
> > to be repeated" and all that.
>
> You know, that's such a brilliant bit of philosophy I'm actually ashamed
> that I hadn't run across it earlier.  I'm really going to have to shoot for
> it, especially in the "easily pleased" category.  Hmmmmm...

Heh. It's actually taken some unlearning. For some reason, I seem to have
absorbed from somewhere the Robert Browning approach: "She had a heart too soon
made glad/too easily impressed".  A desire not to seem greedy.  Or
unsophistcated. Or gushy. Or insincere. Or something.

It's so much pleasanter to just squeal with glee whenever the opportunity
presents itself. But it still feels weird sometimes. I don't know why.

Marna.

--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.