[LMB] OT: More evidence for the use of anti-psychotic drugs

TheOTThug at aol.com TheOTThug at aol.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:53:25 EST

Mark Atwood asked:
<<Have you laid waste to anyone's life as a result of
<<missing you medication?  (That is a purely
<<rehetorical question, the answer either way is TMI).

True story.  I hired a computer contractor to write some
Visual Basic code at a previous job.  He was a
contractor supplied by a IS contracting firm.  He did
well for 4 months.  Two weeks after I quit, he shoved
a 6" hunting knife into the back of my replacement.
Nicked his aorta and it was touch and go for a while.
We learned that he had several violent incidents with
parents and out east.  However, he was on medication to
control it.  He ran out of medicine and did not take any
steps to get more.  Almost a killing.

No specific argument for either side, but really scary
to me.  If I hadn't quit, it probably would have been my
back.

Jeff Parker