[LMB] OT: More evidence for the use of anti-psychotic drugs

Eric Oppen oppen at cnsinternet.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:09:37 -0600

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Eric Oppen wrote:
>
> > I'd be willing to forego vengeance toward them---_AS LONG AS_ they were
> > _locked up_ and the keys thrown away.  Until we have ways to actually
cure
> > them, locking them up is the best we can do.
>
> Does this extend to me and Marna, Eric?

Depends on what's wrong.  Some I'd be willing to leave alone, but as I say,
after what I've been through at the hands of and/or because of mentally ill
people, I am not in a forgiving mood.

People always think that when I say that I have "Corsican
Alzheimer's"---where you forget everything but a grudge---I'm just kidding.
Silly, silly people!  While I'm personally bound by the NAP and will not
make the _first_ move, even against somebody I have good reasons to hate,
once they've made the first move, I am not inclined toward mercy.  Crying
out to me, "Mercy, mercy, mercy!" will probably get a response along the
lines of "I don't speak French, but you're certainly welcome."

However---my personal philosophy would support abandoning a grudge, with no
loss of honor, if those responsible for it were to act to repair the damages
they've done.  Since this is impossible or highly unlikely, I see no
prospect for my attitude softening.  You personally have nothing to fear
from me unless I'm thoroughly provoked.  Since Marna's own beliefs would
forbid her to do most of the things that would set me off, and from what I
can see I don't think you'd do them, you're safe enough.  Besides, I do cut
fellow-fen some slack---some things that mundanes see as evidence of
insanity I don't see as anything of the sort.  "Compulsive reading, as in
has to take a book anywhere?  That's perfectly normal!"