[LMB] favorite non-Lois SF/F books OT:

Holly Hill hkhill at iol.it
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:56:32 +0100

Hmm, favorite non-bujold books. I'll do authors and some selected titles, and try to
hold the list down to ten (or so) Note list is not in any particular order!

Favorite Authors:

Terry Pratchett
Georgette Heyer
Charles DeLint
Tim Powers
Neil Gaiman
Alfred  Bester
Jo Clayton
Fritz  Leiber
CJ Cherryh
Elizabeth Moon

and another favorite book --  if you haven't read it, you should

Little Heros -- Norman Spinrad --  rock & roll cyberpunk.  Many of the characters
don't start as sympathetic, but Spinrad strips layers of artifice to lay bare the human
soul. It's a powerful excursion.

Oh, and Silverlock! Don't remember the author off hand; way fun to try to ID all the
references.

And there are many others that I love, but these are the ones I will never get rid of,
and will reread every few years.

Holly  hkhill at iol.it

When you're up to your ass in alligators,
today is the first day of the rest of your life
Terry Pratchett---The Last Continent