[LMB] OT: Mental Health & the Yeats trial

PAT MATHEWS mathews55 at msn.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:28:26 -0700

>From: Kiri Aradia Morgan <tiamat at tsoft.com>
>To: lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
>Subject: Re: [LMB] OT:  Mental Health & the Yeats trial
>Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:51:18 -0800 (PST)
>
>If I
>go into a mixed state and someone criticizes me at work I have to deal
>with the fact that I may quite erroneously believe I'm about to be fired,
>when someone is just annoyed with me, or that someone hates me, when
>they're just annoyed with me-- MILD paranoiac thoughts that I can drive
>away with rest and logic.

You, too, Kiri? I just got out of an entire month of that at work. Tried to
use Nash's Prescription, but still cleaned up my desk and finances. (Much
needed anyway.)

You
>tell people that you are a mess right now and you need some time to pull
>your shit together and you tell the people you trust that you need advice
>if you have to make a decision Right Now.

What if you don't dare? Because you fear thay'll hang you with that rope the
restof your life and you'll never again have any credibility with them? A
scornful "Just pull yourself together" is an improvement over that!