[LMB] HC AU pub of Chalion

Scott Hofmann shofmann at mindspring.com
27 Feb 2002 14:58:57 -0500

 MG> Amazon.co.uk has the CoC listed as released (HC) on the 1st July 2002.
 MG> By a publisher called Voyager.

 MG> They have a cover picture up and I think its actually pretty darn good.
 MG> Very close to my mental image of Caz. Although the face seems a bit
 MG> cartoony. (shrug)
 MG> But it has a nice raven at Caz's feet. My personal opinion is that it is
 MG> better than the EOS cover.

 MG> I think this cover will have to get my "Best Lois Cover yet" award.

 MG> See the image here:

 MG> http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/000713360X.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Oooh, I *like* that cover a LOT! Although, I always thought of Caz as looking a
lot more "worn" given the troubles he's been through. That guy is a bit too
handsome for the part. Like Indiana Jones said, "It's not the years, it's the
mileage."

Of course, the details necessary to convey a hard life could easily have been
washed out in the scanning-and-compression process. I'd love to see the
original that cover was derived from. Hopefully it will show up at a Worldcon
art show...

scott

--
J. Scott Hofmann                      http://cougar.kniggets.org