[LMB] Naming conventions OT:

Alexandra Y. Kwan litalex at slashyalex.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:12:23 -0500

Hello,

All this talk about naming conventions reminds me of the old Chinese
tradition (but only if you're large family).  The family name will of
course be the same, but all the children from a certain generation
would get the same word in the first word of their given name and the
individual parents would get to decide only the second word of the
given name.

For example, my grandfather is Kwan Chok Sun, and all his half-brothers
(my grandfather is a son of the...fifth wife, I think; not really sure)
and all cousins of the same generation (who has the same family name)
are all "Kwan Chok something."

This random bit of information is brought to you by:
little Alex