[LMB] Volsung Saga, was: Favorite Books OT:

Divya divyasatyam at satyam.net.in
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:04:29 +0530

Richard Macdonald wrote:

> Speaking of Volsung, ever read "Expecting Someone Taller"
> (g,d, & r)

Oh, definitely! _Valhalla_, too. Tom Holt is brilliant. I just got my very
own copies of _Olympiad_, _The Walled Orchard_, and _Alexander at the
World's End_. Not fantasy, but tremendously enjoyable.

Love the Fantasy Masterworks edition of _The Complete Enchanter_ too: Harold
Shea's lunatic adventures through Norse, Finnish and Irish mythology, the
worlds of Spenser's _Faerie Queen_ and Ariosto's _Orlando Furioso_.
Extremely cool stuff!

cheers,
Divya

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover;
Breath's aware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over there'll be time enough to sleep."
-- A.E. Housman, _A Shropshire Lad _