[LMB] Recommendations

Christine L. Forber christine at forber.net
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:23:11 -0500

At 12:15 PM 2/27/2002 -0800, Kiri Aradia Morgan wrote:

I like your categories, Kiri. Here are my equivalents:

>Authors I always read, no matter what:
>(Other than Lois, of course, and in no particular order)
Robert Forward
James Alan Gardner
Robert J. Sawyer
Arthur C. Clarke (at least his older stuff, not so much his newer stuff)
Robin McKinley
Madeleine L'Engle
Spider Robinson
Anne McCaffrey (ok, I used to buy everything she wrote, in HC even, not so
in the past 5-10 years)
Neal Stephenson

Dead authors I always read (now in past tense):
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Isaac Asimov (his earlier stuff at least)
Robert Heinlein (again, his earlier stuff)
James White

>Series:
D*v*d W*b*r's H*n*r H*rr*ngt*n series
Sharon Lee & Steve Miller's Liaden Universe series
Robert Asprin's Phule series

>Writers I have read enough of to know that I never want to hear their
>names again (anti-recommendations):

Ursula LeGuin
Tolkien (been there, done that once, once was enough)