[LMB] OT: Inspector Javert

Louann Miller louann_m at yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:52:13 -0600

At 09:27 AM 2/28/2002 -0500, Jean Lamb wrote:
>In a message dated 2/27/02 9:10:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>mathews55 at msn.com writes:
>

> >  But have you read Fred Saberhagen's Holmes/Dracula files?
> >

>I really liked the bit where Holmes shot Dracula with a wooden bullet, just
>to get his attention (especially when Dracula laughed at the gun. At least
>till he got hit with the wooden bullet).

Wooden bullets are tops on my list of Items Buffy Is Dumb Not To Use. Along
with phosphorus tracer bullets (vamps burn gooood) and a Super-Soaker full
of holy water.

New addition to that list (heavily Highlander influenced) is a good sharp
single-edged sword with a wooden rod attached to the back of the blade all
the way out to the point. Run the vamp through.

Louann, whose favorite thing about ranged weapons is the range.