[LMB] OT: Pillses, we hates them.

Laura Gallagher kelts at earthlink.net
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:59:11 -0800

Marna wrote:

> And then there's the tough it out thing again. This will no doubt
astonish many
> listees, but there are people who try to talk me OUT of taking my
pills.

> It's a crutch
> I miss the old you
> Haven't you gotten your life together yet?
> That stuff can be addictive, you know

I would not take that approach with anyone else.  But I have put those
kinds of excuses into play when explaining why *I* personally would
really, really not like to try anything like that.  (substitute "I
like the me I have".)  I get very kneejerk twitchy about that kind of
med, so I can understand why some people react that way, although I
think they're wrong.  Making that decision for myself, ok, I can do
that, but not for someone else.  (Fortunately I don't think I've ever
had problems that I *couldn't* overcome without the meds, at least
well enough to keep myself ok with it and not be a danger, so somewhat
moot.)

Laura Gallagher